Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Official Book Club Selection, a Memoir According to Kathy Griffin



I have tried to read biographies or autobiographies many times. Never fails, I find them boring or just plain not interested in the person after I begin reading. So I decided I'd never waste money on an autobiography again. Until now. Well, it wasn't wasted. I love Kathy Griffin. For those of you who don't know her, she's hiiiilllarious! She's been a comic for decades and her best stuff is bashing celebrities. What I love most about her is that she doesn't hold back, she doesn't back down, she tells it like it is and I can really relate to that. Oh and she cusses like a sailor, the best part of her!


Also, I rarely ever buy a book in hard cover. But, I really like Kathy and I watched her on her My Life on the D-List show choosing the cover, etc and I wanted to truly support her. I don't know why, but I feel like she's one of my peeps. :-) I had just finished watching her on The View and I was planning a trip to Barnes and Noble anyways so I thought I'm going to get that damn book, Official Book Club Selection A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin and see what all the fuss is about. I did, and I'm really glad I did! I loved her memoir. I love the way she talks about herself in a completely honest way that I know is the real her and not someone she's "acting" to be, just like on her show. I know understand fully why she is the great person she is. The memoir talks about her battles with her weight (although I don't think she's EVER been fat, at all), her family, her comedy, her struggles, her friends, her ex-husband (bastard), and much much more.


Thank you, Kathy Griffin, for sharing with me. You have never been on MY D-List, and never will be. You are a hero and stronger than you will ever realize,I think. And Oprah, if you are reading this, you have to read her book because she really does adore you. Secretly. Ha! Suck It!

0 Comments: